Friday, August 12, 2011

In-service can be used as a form of torture

Day 1 and 2
In-service....both days. I think that many teachers will agree that professional development or in-service can be used as a form of torture.

While my administration would beg to differ (and I can agree that most of the presentations are very productive) I think that they sometimes take what they can get and do not think about the teacher's needs....or if the information could be delivered in a more succinct way.

Is it just me or do most of the presenters see to be newly retired and VERY bland...monotone...biding their time...overly chatty about nothing...beat around the bush...indirect...unsure...etc???

On a positive note: I will have 8th graders for my Intro class...SOOOO EXCITED!!

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.