Thursday, August 25, 2011

Been a long long long week

Day 5 - August 21

Went to Turbo Diva's day with Connie and Nicole. Had a great time, go to see a fashion show and then get free spa services! Carly stayed with Andrea and she had a good time, also took a really good nap for her.

Day 6 - August 22
After school Carly and I went to a meeting then she took a nap and I graded papers! Supper was a twist on pasta carbonara - 1 cup of homemade white sauce, 3 strips of bacon and 1/2 an onion with 1/4 lg zucchini and 2 cups of cavatappi cooked.

Cut up bacon, onion and zucchini - cook until zucchini and onion are transparent.

Begin boiling water when veggies/bacon go in the pan. When boiling add pasta.

When bacon, onion and zucchini are done and pasta is done and drained combine in a large bowl - bacon drippings will coat past and keep it from sticking.

In bacon pan melt 3 T butter on med-high then add 3T flour, whisk for 3-5 minutes then add 1 c. whole milk. Cook until thick and add to bacon/pasta mix. Eat immediately.

Day 7 - August 23
Carly and I visited one of my former students and her new baby. He is adorable - baby Joziah is so tiny. Carly kept rolling over trying to play with him and was hollering at him trying to get his attention and clapping her hands when he finished his bottle....hmmmm.

Day 8 - August 24
MTSS meeting after school. Student Chels watched her for te 40 minutes we are in the meeting. It went well - she only spit up on her twice!

Day 9 - August 25
Playing alumni volleyball tonight - will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I am glad you are still updating your blog!! I can't believe how active Carly is becoming!!! : )

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.