Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday is the new Friday


Today is Tuesday...but it feels like Friday because there's not school tomorrow. Ahhhh.....I need a few days off which aren't really off. I will be cleaning and cooking and painting and about a million other things. Tonight will be a long evening, staying at school until everything is done and my room is organized and grades are updated.


Last night a friend came over and helped me prime my living room...Cody and I will put the paint on tonight. I secretly hope he does it while I am still at school, we have found that his better half is really terrible at painting. Imagine klutzy me meets not paying attention me meets hyper me holding a paint brush...it's a mess! I will post pictures of the finished product.


In the mean time I will be doing knife usage labs (salsa recipe is below), observing the habits of four and five year old indians and pilgrams eat Thanksgiving Lunch, assist the completion of a money management unit wrap up packet, assess the correct verbal communication skills of my spanish 1 students and then make Sally Lunn Rolls with the Food Science students.


I hope you all have a marvelous Thanksgiving. I am thankful the most in my life for the people around me--we had a great weekend and for those of you who could not making it to our weekend. See you in December!!!!


Fresh Salsa

5 Roma tomatoes

1/2 large onion

1/2 bunch of cilantro-mostly leaves

Juice of 1 lime or 1/4 cup lime juice from a bottle

dash of salt

Chips


Finely chop roma's and onion. Cut off ends of stems of cilantro and pull off any bad leaves or sprigs. Push all of the good pieces into the bottom (may have to do this in 2 segments) of a glass-like the kind you drink out of-and use kitchen shears to chop through them making them tiny pieces. Put veggies in a bowl add lime juice and salt, Mix together well....if you are doing this for a party or something you should leave it out at room temp for an hour or so the refrigerate left overs. This will keep for about a week. To keep the flavor nice you may have to add some more lime juice and cilantro. Store extra cilantro loosly in a ziploc bag that is NOT zipped closed.
salsa image is from a blog-original blog link is here: http://mexicanfood.about.com/b/2007/06/27/learn-to-make-salsa.htm

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.