Monday, December 1, 2008

Snowing morning roads

This morning I left a little early so that I could hopefully get a few things done before students get in and I did which began my day out well. What made my morning really nice was the calm quietness that comes with a first real snow. Like everyone is holding thier breath and just looking at the wonder of it. Yes it snowed on Friday but it didn't stick, there was no evidence that it had snowed versus drizzled. So this morning when the gentle wind blew the dusting of snow across my crunchy rock road I smiled. The treat of the snowy morning was when the brilliant moon peaked out from behind the clouds and illuminated the road. It is so pretty when there is just enough snow that it lightly covers the black top but it has silted down through the grass and the road becomes a twisted white ribbon, lying on a fuzzy back rug, that seems to be pulling you into a Alice in Wonderland like maze where you feel like you should be getting bigger and then the road curves and all of a sudden gets wider (due to the turning lanes) and you feel so tiny of a sudden.

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.