Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lemon Pound Cake

Friends,
I am making a very amazing lemon pound cake for our christmas get together. Somehow a little bit of heavy pound cake with light sweet lemony finish is amazingly refreshing on a blustery winter day especially after all of the heavy Thanksgiving/Christmas desserts...and for you lemon-haters (yeah, you know who you are!) I am also going to make another dessert. I really need some baking therapy. If you have been craving anything let me know and I will experiment. I want to make something that will WOW! a crowd but I can alter so my students can make it. Thus I should get practicing!!

1 comment:

jls said...

My vote: add fresh raspberries to the lemon cake and make the second one something chocolate. You can never have too much chocolate, or raspberries for that matter!

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.