Friday, January 2, 2009

Back to skoo jail

Happy new year, now back to skoo jail. Yes, it is that time of year, I have procrastinated all break and now have two days (plus the other days I worked from home grading finals and such) to accomplish what took me all summer. I am super glad for MLK Day in a few weeks! Extra day to plan my heart away - boo to that idea! I love teaching but really dislike planning and this is going to be even worse than last semester because spring goes by SO FAST and is SO BUSY! I guess I will have to stay on my toes and use my personal days wisely!

I am quite excited that Jana will be in Joplin. There are a few cute craft shops and a nice quilting shop there that I am excited to see. Krista and I have thrown around the idea of taking a weekend (or two) and going that direction to visit so I am looking forward to our mini friend trips.

I am also excited about Nutrition and Wellness. I have been told that it is important each semester to pick a class and make sure you do "A" work preparing for it so you can feel like one class is a success and that you have done your absolute best because if you try to perfect ALL of your classes that you get run down and it becomes no fun to teach anymore. So...last semester I taught Balancing Career and Family as my "A" class and Science of Food as my "B" class. The rest got "B" and "C" level work. I think Science of Food will still be my "B" class - I enjoy it. We blew up marshmallows in the microwave - it was AWESOME!!!!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I am ready for our trip to Joplin! Let's find a weekend and go! =) Enjoy your last day off......I am sad too! :( I can't wait for MLK day!!!!!

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.