Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I like the name Ralph, but Cody likes the name Mickey

No...no babies, a mouse....in my classroom. While not as gross as the sheep's cockroaches, still ewwy.

Tuesday in Bakery my kids were finishing up thier project and I knew I had between 1 and 1.5 minutes before they would ask a question so I wanted to check my e-mail. So I sat down to check my e-mail and was trying to make sense of it when I see something move from the corner of my eye. I look to my left and sitting on top (ON TOP) of my khaki messenger bag is a mouse. I naturally jumped up and yelled "oh shit a mouse" to which my kids giggled from my curse then screamed because of the mouse part. M. grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard next to her seat and ran over yelling "I wanna catch it, if I catch it do I get extra credit, can I have it on my Spanish grade" as she ran back and forth behind my desk and the file cabinets looking for it.

Silly girl, of course I would give her extra credit if she caught the mouse!

The custodian gave me 2 sticky traps (can't use snap traps...bodily fluids) and some Decon....hope we get him soon.

1 comment:

jls said...

Oh yeah, I'll trade your mice for my cockroaches any day. On a positive note: I went to the clinic for my "new itchy skin disease." I got one shot in my butt and now I'm cured! Good luck with the mice, you crazy squirrel.

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.