Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hey Fatty!

I was digging in a closet at the back of my classroom today and found a big blue trunk that I thought had an old embroidery machine in it. My my surpise (and excitement) it was not an embroidery machine but a fat belly. We have all see the pregnancy bellies...this is different. It is in a harness like the pregnancy bellies only the fat part in the front is that gross yellowish orange stuff they use to make pretend fat that Extension Agent presentations use or we used for FACS judging in 4-H.

I got it out today in the big blue trunk when we were discussing how much food you REALLY need to eat in one day..did a simulation then asked how much they would gain if they ate 500 more calories each day - 1 lb per week. If this continued for 6 months how much would they gain -about 25 pounds. Then I pulled out the belly in all it's disgusting glory and had the students put it on. They were grossed out. Another mission accomplished!

1 comment:

jls said...

I want to see PHOTOS!!

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.