Monday, October 20, 2014

PUPPIES!!!!!!!!

Maggie is our first child, we love her through and through. We love her when she gets in the trash, when she digs holes in my flower bed, even when she unexpectedly has puppies.

What? Is this an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant?" Pretty much.

We have tried for 5 years to breed Mags to no avail. Then she is with her buddy Bo and wouldn't-ya-know she has puppies.

We noticed she was getting fat, but she tends to do that in the summer when Carly feeds her the other half of her PB&J or 15 dog treats because mom is in the other room feeding Aiden and can't see what she is doing.

Then she was under the porch two days in a row and Cody noticed she was lactating. Oh snap.

Two days later Cody noticed green ooze, called the vet, rushed her up there and one emergency c-section on our beautiful Mag-Pie later, 4 little black and white puppies joined our family.

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.