Thursday, October 2, 2014

Bacon and Blue Onions

A new love has found it's way in to my life. These bacon and blue cheese onions. They are so stinking easy to make and so incredibly fattening tasty. I am not a photog, so don't judge the image below but it is my own.


This recipe is from http://www.jamesandeverett.com and was found on Pinterest.

The original post can be found at http://www.jamesandeverett.com/whatscooking/2012/09/23/grilled-blue-cheese-bacon-stuffed-onions/

Bacon and Blue Cheese Onions

4 onions, sweet. I used Vidalia 
1 stick of butter softened
4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
2/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut the tops and bottoms off of the onions and peel the outer dried layers off.

Scoop out a portion of the insides using a melon baller or a small spoon. I used my strawberry huller from the Pampered Chef and it worked great, this product is no longer available, but the Core and More is. Be careful not to dig down too deeply

Mix all filling ingredients together and stuff in the cavity of the onion. Press it in really well so that the cavities are completely full.

Wrap in aluminum foil and grill on a medium heat for 30-40 minutes. We did just 30 because we thought the heat was too high, but 10 more wouldn't have hurt. Let the onions steam for just a little while and be careful when opening the foil.

Oh man were these good. My husband sure can man a grill!


No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.