Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to skoo!

It has been a good two weeks of actual "kids in classroom" and I don't want to run screaming so I think it is going to be a good year!

Change is hard and I have made some changes this year. Moved my desk to the back of the classroom, got rid of a filing cabinet, started my masters.

Oh you didn't get that last one. I STARTED MY MASTERS. Yeah SHOUTY CAPITALS all in your face.

What? What are shouty capitals you ask? Read 50 Shades of Grey. It's worth it, poor writing as far as novels go but good imagery. Very very very good imagery, especially if you need to spice up your own personal intimate life.

WHOA!! She just mixed intimate moments and a school post. What is she doing?

I am out of control I tell you! Not really, my BFF is having a wedding reception in her husbands home town where they currently reside and I am getting all squirrelly with excitement because I love getting to see her!

The students have noticed my excitement, one asked me if I was drinking something special in my coffee. I said yes because I thought she meant the creamer....hey, it is french vanilla creamer, which is way cooler than the stupid 2% milk my husband buys. I like my milk like I like my beer - with ALL the calories.

WHOA!! She just added alcohol to the intimate moments and school post...she is out of control!

While we are talking about my husband, he is sort-of doneish with school. No more linemen classes,no more traveling a billion miles away every day for skoo, but he is taking two on-line classes so he can finish up his associates in something (2012 bad wife award in the bag, don't even apply, the committee has already notified me that the ceremony is sometime this fall).

He hasn't gotten a lineman job yet but he has been applying and in the mean time he is doing lots of electrical things.

And by lots I mean not so many because it is CRAZY HUMID. When it was cooler he was much more productive, I am sure he will be this fall again....although it would be nice if he folded more clothes and did a few more dishes, but hey....it's not like I was super productive this summer either.

In summary, school is going good, I read a racy novel, the kids think I am boozing my coffee and I am excited for Labor Day Weekend in Pburg!! WOOOOO!

Drive safe everyone.


(picture is from Kids Health.org, I borrowed a banner because it looks almost like the one in the elementary hallway)

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.