Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thinner

As teachers we are always stretched a little thin, be it budget, patience, time for grading, time for the student that needs a little more help, time for a meeting, emotionally drained from the kid that drives you nuts and the kid you worry about when they are at home.

As mothers we are always stretched a little thin, be it laundry that needs to be done for tomorrow, dishes, meals, time to play, time to listen, time to feed, emotionally drained from the bad days, tired from the good ones, sick with worry.

As wives we are always stretched a little thin with housework, being a confidant, friend, support system, encourager, lover, worrier, whatever the role may be.

As daughters and sisters we are always stretched a little thin by being a peacemaker, confidant, supporter, encourager, prayer partner, steward of good or bad news.

But I forgot how stretched thin I was as a college student - these master's classes are making me crazy! I forgot how picky and intimidating professors can be. I keep reminding myself it is only 4 semesters and 2 summers....I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!

Dang- college seemed a lot easier 5 years ago!

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.