Monday, February 18, 2013

That's a Chicken!

The super bowl was great wasn't it?

What you didn't have fun?

I did...had breakfast with the cutest kid ever, played with Mags, went to church, went to a fabric store because they had $1.00 fat quarters, came home, took a nap, made a corn n macaroni casserole, went to a super bowl party, did some for-reals college homework, graded some student homework, laundry, bed.

Back up...you went to a fabric store for fat quarters...what the heck are those?

Fat quarters are a fourth of a yard of fabric but instead of the fabric being cut into four even "strips", the yard of fabric is divided into four quarters...giving it a nearly square appearance.

For those of you who like visuals


And those of you who need a real life scenario



This is a big deal?

YES, fat quarters are typically between $1.75-$3.00...these were ONE DOLLAR!! (Do you feel like you were just in an episode of Sheldon Cooper Presents Fun with Flags on The Big Bang Theory..'cause you should!)

This little adventure with my mom, grandma, and Carly was the highlight of my super bowl...Paul Harvey's "Why God Made Farmers" was a close second.

We have been talking about farm animals and wouldn't you know it - 5 minutes into shopping at the fabric store Carly decided she was bored. SURPRISE!! Luckily there was another little girl there and they had so much fun running in between tables and undertables and trying to knock down 70 year old women and break their hips...fun was had by all.

Finally I corralled my heathen and took her over to look at the cool wall hangings that looked like this...




I pointed to one similar to the above picture and asked her what it was..."K-State Wildcats, Mama" and without missing a beat she pointed to the next one and proudly said...."That's a Chicken!" Oh yes. The KU wall hanging, she thought, included a chicken.


Close enough. 

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

haha ya i know you & cody are so proud of the chicken comment but may i remind of the incident where she was singing the k-state fight song & in the middle started chanting "rock chalk jayhawk" OH YES!! auntie chelsea has never been so proud!! :) but none-the-less even with our differences in teams still love you guys!!

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.