Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Annnnndddd....they are done!

Graduation was Saturday. I cried on Friday when I gave the Senior's my little speech about "there are a hundred people in the gym who love you" "this is the beginning of your journey not then end" "manners get you farther than most anything so remember your pleases and thank yous"  "make good choices" "have RESPONSIBLE adventures" yadda yadda yadda.

They don't usually get all of it because it's really hard to understand me when I am doing the ugly cry. It was ugly. I always cry on the seniors last day and not at graduation, I can hold it together in public pretty well,  but this year it was worse. I cried on the way home Friday, on the way to school Saturday and on the way to my cousin's graduation after. There was even a little tear when a particular student that has become an important part of my daughter's life walked across the stage.

This group of kids has been really special to me because they were freshmen my first year teaching here. I and only two other high school teachers are still here that they began high school with. They changed me and made me a better teacher because they are not the easiest class....trust me they are good but they are squirrely as all get out!!

They speeches the kids made were really good and the power point presentation of their pictures was flawless. I am really proud of them.

And for me it is not the end of the journey either...I am just as excited about next years Seniors!! They will be in two new classes I am offering and will be the pilot class for some exciting projects.  Next year is going to be great, but man do I need a break - here comes SUMMER!!

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.