Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Guilt

I've never been one for guilt - unless it's guilty pleasures. I am SOOO into guilty pleasures. Some of mine include - not doing laundry, drinking wine on a Wednesday BY MY SELF (it was 1 1/2 glasses, put the phone down, SRS won't come over 1 1/2 glasses of wine), blogging at 11 o'clock when I should be putting the laundry away and finishing dishes, playing with my daughter instead of grading papers...and I've come full circle.

I knew getting into this "mom thing" would be stressful and I would feel guilty all the time because you feel guilty when you are pregnant...you feel guilty that you aren't eating anything when all you can do is puke because you feel like your baby is suffering, you feel guilty when you complain about your back hurting because you asked for the baby (or in our case we asked for a 5 Beer Burrito at the Half Step and then went parkin' - sorry about the overshare).

The most guilt I feel is about work. I LOVE my job, I LOVE my co-workers, I LOVE the subject(s), and I LOVE my students. But I also LOVELOVE my husband and LOVELOVE my daughter. Where is the happy medium?

HINT: THERE ISNT ONE!! Which majorly sucks.

No matter what I do - even if I divide my time after skoo 1/2 n 1/2 I am still shorting one or the other. If I give Carly all my time, then do my skoo stuff, and go to bed ONLY when it is all done then I am a total biz-watch the next day and stumble over words and what not by 3rd hr.

I thank God every day for making educational movies. Praise Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.