Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's day "craft"

Just look at that title, she has the quotation marks out, I bet there will be other instances of incorrectly used and overused punctuation through out this entire post. 

Yes, yes there will be....and poor grammar too.

So why is "craft" in quotation marks?

Because this is a Crafts for Real People valentine, for a toddler, it is not an actual craft.

It is a package of Goldfish brand crackers with a pink note masking taped on to it and I let her use a felt tip pen to make some marks on it. She even got to tape the note on the goldfish crackers by "my owned self".

Lame....yes. Easy.....yes. Not candy......yes. Excited toddler.....yes. Win....OH yes.



This idea originally came from Pinterest. I found this idea on Just Jilly when I was looking for valentines that don't involve candy - here is the link to her blog post  http://justjilly.com/10-non-candy-valentine-ideas/

Wishing you a very enjoyable Valentine's Day - crafty or uncrafty.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cannot like this enough. I will never be the mom with the cute Valentine's...like a can of Crush soda with a note saying, "I have a crush on you." Seriously! Gag! Thanks for keeping it real.

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.