Monday, April 29, 2013

Trippin' 2013

That time of year again, Senior Trip!! WOOOOO!! (did you feel the sarcasm?)

I enjoy planning the trip but not necessarily going on it. It is simply because I am a worrier....like a MEGA WORRIER. I worry that a kid didn't put on sunscreen, or she will over sleep, or he will sneak to the qwikie mart to get a Dr. Pepper and be kidnapped, I worry that someone will mess up and I will have to call parents to come get them.

Not because they are bad kids, they are really, truly good kids, but the worry is because of follow through. I follow through on my consequences and those consequences can be harsh.

This trip we didn't even have to remind them of the consequences after we got there...we just went and did and enjoyed.

Dallas was good to us, minus the ridiculous road construction that made me want to scratch my eyes out...it took us 47 minutes to go 6.3 miles to the MALL, oh and the lady down stairs. She called the front desk at 2 am to tell them the kids were being too loud. One of them had gotten up to go to the bathroom and flushed the toilet. Anyways - we switched rooms and all was well.

The JFK memorial was neat to see, this group of kids found it interesting, we also went to the Dallas World Aquarium, Six Flags, USA Bowl, Adventure Landing and Zero Gravity.

We ate at Rudy's BBQ which is inside a gas station and reminds me of Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City and we also ate at the Iron Cactus, it was beautiful on the rooftop patio where we ate.

The hubs went too and I think he enjoyed himself. I enjoyed his company as did the students, he provided lots of comic relief and another set of eyes and ears.

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.