Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Providing

Today I saw on the intranets this quote or maybe this inspiration and it reminded me of a revelation I had over Christmas break this year.

"God is making things happen for you. Even when you don't see it, even when you can't feel it, even if it is not evident. God is working on your prayers."

This reminds me and encourages me that God is providing for us.

It is difficult to remember that sometimes.

I want my husband to find a job he can be happy and fulfilled in. He left a job he disliked (that had full health benefits and a good wage) to go to school to be a lineman. I supported him, and still do, 100%. It was a good move for him personally and for us, our marriage is stronger because we had to lean on each other more.

We both thought he could find a job right out of the gate of his internship. The company he interned with for the summer did have an opening, but someone else with the same qualifications got the job. So we were back to one income and I was feeling really terrible about the situation itself and for my husband. He worked so hard to get excellent grades and work small electrical jobs on the weekends to help with bills. He did everything right and he still didn't get the job.

I was so upset, I started being mad at God. Thinking things like...we are good people, who don't live beyond our means, we just want to buy our house and have enough money to pay our bills, why isn't God doing anything? 

And then I realized God WAS providing for us...my husband was finding enough work to make his truck payment and help out with groceries. He shot a really nice deer so we had other meat in our freezer. Our vehicles were not breaking down, we were not ill and didn't have medical bills. When we ran out of propane (because I forgot to shut the windows one day when it was nice and it got really cold that night and the furnace ran all night. WHOOPS!) our propane man was headed to our area that very day.

So as I sat this past Christmas break and thought about all of our blessings and thinking that I wanted our daughter to grow up thanking God for his blessings, instead of asking God for prayers to be answered that were already being answered, we just didn't notice it.

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.