Thursday, September 13, 2012

And then there was another flood

Back when I went to college there was a basement, that flooded when it sprinkled out. Thankfully in said house there were some pretty crafty people who could run a sump pump in a 5gallon bucket and a garden hose like nobody's business. This I call the Great Clovia Flood.

Now there is the Great Flood of 2012. Only this time there were no squeals as girls slopped through water and made a bucket train out to the street. This time there was a very pissy teacher with a wet classroom and a very pissy science teacher, whom also had a wet classroom.

Guess where the flood originated? Oh yeah, my room!!

Oh dear, I hope nothing got ruined.

No, nothing got ruined except my mood...and the mood of the football coach.

Did you yell at him? You made an ass out of yourself didn't you!?!

NO...No, thankfully there were students in the classroom when he came to see me about it. My look conveyed my mood just fine as well as my angry washing and the fact that the students were being vary studious. He apologized, and left me a jersey to fix for one of the football players. What a sweetie.  I told him to not hold his breath on the jersey.

How did this happen, I don't understand. Did some pipes break?

You see, the washing machine and my west sinks drain out the same pipe which isn't so bad...except it's 1 inch pipe!! (way to freaking small for a billion gallons of nasty clothes ...or in this case football uniform water...to go through)

When the washing machine is running and then rinses the water can't all go down the drain at once because of the tiny pipe so it backs up into the west sinks. This is usually not a problem...except when the plugs are in the sinks because when the water tries to go down it can't...the plugs are doing their job and PLUGGING THE SINKS!

Then the next time the washer rinses and drains the water backs up again...only this time (because the sinks are full of water already ) it flows out of the sinks, down the front cabinets, into the drawers, under the cabinets and refrigerator, under the wall and into the closet and classroom next door.

Back up...football uniforms? Why do you have to wash the football uniforms?

Excellent question, I don't the football coach does and after FOUR YEARS of training him he still freaking forgot to check the sinks!!!!! He did turn on the vent to pull the lint out, he did change the settings on the washer back to normal, he did fold all his clothes, he did take the uniforms with him. HE DID NOT SEE THE GIGANTIC FLOOD.

How it wasn't noticed I am not sure but it wasn't. Sigh......so I mopped and washed and rinsed and dried out cabinets and put up a sign.

Oh, did I mention the football team now has their own washer and dryer. They didn't yet have hoses.

Rest assured, they do now ;)

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.