Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Homecky Becky

Last night was regional volleyball here at CHS we didn't do so good. I got volunteered to do the "hospitality room" for it. Which was fine but I was not about to do it all on my own time so I switched some lessons around and Food Science got to do a cutting lab and cut all the veggies and cooked the meat (we just talked about how heat changes food either chemically or physically or...gasp...both!) for the potato soup and chili and veggie trays and Resource Mangement made cookies and cookies and cookies. So right now I am feeling very "Homecky Becky" I never minded when you all would ask me to sew something (although it might be a while--sorry about your pants Cindy) or how to get a stain out but you didn't interupt class time to do it or ask me to wash your coaching shirt 30 minutes before game time!! So I have begun to do what no "Home Ec" teacher has done before--I have said "no" WOW!!! Okay so usually it's just "not right now" but if they don't come back you don't have to worry about it!

I do have to admit...the potato soup and snickerdoodles did turn out well...my kids have a knack for cooking--this may be a good year, good enought to gain a few pounds!

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.