Sunday, March 23, 2014

Strawberry Cream Pie

Sometimes we cook, sometimes we bake and sometimes we make food that is just yummy. This Strawberry Cream Pie is perfect to use for those early spring strawberries that are very tart.

Since I am prego and really wanted strawberries I kept my eyes out for a good deal - our local grocery store had 1 lb containers for $1.99!! So I got two and wouldn't you know, they were dissapointing. So I scrounged for a recipe and found one for Strawberry Cream Pie, sure to make any tart strawberries much better.

Strawberry Cream Pie
1 1/2 lbs sliced strawberries
1 sm box of instant vanilla pudding
1 sm box of strawberry flavored Jell-O
1 graham cracker crust (or make your own)
1 cup of boiling water
1 cup of milk

First - Wash, hull and slice the strawberries


Then mix the strawberry gelatin with the 1 cup of hot water and stir. Stir a lot - like 5 minutes until it is all dissolved. This is important because mine was a little grainy still and it wasn't so god.

When gelatin is mixed set it aside and in a separate bowl mix the instant pudding with the 1 cup of cold milk - again mixing for about 5 minutes. 

Then put them together and mix.

Put the strawberries in the pie crust (I made my own graham cracker crust because I am cheap) and slowly pour the pudding/gelatin mixture over it so that it has time to sink through the strawberries.

Refrigerate for an hour or two and you are ready to eat! 


If I had used a regular sized pie pan the strawberries would have fit, but because it is an 8 inch they did not - nor did all the pudding/gelatin mixture. What did I do with the left overs in that small bowl? Poured it over some vanilla greek yogurt before it was set up and Carly and I had a snack


No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.