Thursday, October 4, 2012

Grad School

Not sure when I decided that grad school was a good idea but I take it back.

It is not overly difficult, it is just one more thing that I don't have enough time to devote 100% to. Honestly after supper and getting Carly to bed I want to just snuggle on the couch with my husband and watch some NCIS or New Girl. Instead I am up until midnight two or three nights a week trying to write papers and organize my brain.

If I had only taken one class this semester it would probably be better - but it would take me so long to finish. I figure if I take 6 hours a semester and summer I can be done in two and a half years. We shall see.

I do like Emporia State University - the Early Childhood Master's program is pretty great and my adviser is nice, she is also one of the professors I will have throughout so that is extra good.

I hope to not wish I had made a different choice as my professional goal is to teach Child Development as a dual credit course - but to teach dual credit you have to have a masters and be affiliated with a college...sooo....here goes nothing!

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.