Saturday, February 11, 2012

Never too old

So Carly isn't baptized yet...I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW...hear me out.

Mr. T. was baptized in elementary/middle school. He and his sister decided to get baptized one summer at their grandma and grandpa's church. I think this is pretty B.A. Not too many kids do this of their own choosing.

I have never been baptized I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW...hear me out.

My family believes in making your own choices. As far as 84 year olds go my grandpa is pretty liberal - he thinks women can do anything a man can do, just as well if not better. He also believes that marriage is not something to fool with - if you don't think it's going to work out don't get married - just live together. And by all means, don't get married just because you are or got someone pregnant. Like I said - 84, pretty liberal.

So my mom and aunts didn't baptize any of us. Most of us made our own choices and have been baptized. Not me. I am a Christian, Methodist more specifically and I know it isn't necessarily a requirement for the methodist church but I feel very drawn to it, like I need to shout to the whole world.

Carly and I go to church semi-regularly (NO JUDGING)!! And last week I talked to our pastor about her baptism and under my breath I said ...."and me too" She sort of looked at me funny and said "Well of course, we can do it all, have any friends who want to be baptized?" She wasn't joking either - or being all judgey.

So..in a few weeks Carly and I will be baptized. I wonder if we can get Mr. T. to go church - probably not, it isn't Christmas or Easter. 

No comments:

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.