Friday, April 3, 2009

32.5

This number represents the amount of days left in school. Technically it is 33.5 if you count the last professional development day, but I am just counting student-contact hours. The 1/2 comes from the last day, kids get out at noonish. Like Krista I will soon be starting my masters. I have talked to several people at several colleges and ESU has an early childhood program that would be a good fit considering the types of classes I teach and those I will be teaching in the future AND if I ever wanted to (gulp) I could even teach the youngsters...nah, leave that to Krista, Kelly and Abby. Takes a special kind of person to do that.
Plus I really like the bakery class. The following picture is of the cake that my bakery students made. We were comissioned to make a 40th birthday cake for the high school secretary. I could not have made it this year with out her. She is so kind and helpful and she answers my endless parade of questions and outloud wonderings.
In real life the cake did not look that green, it was more of a grey/green..must be my shoddy photography skills.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Cute cake Kayla! =) I have 34 kid days left and 37 with Inservices. Yay!!! =) I can't wait to be offically done with this year!!!!! ;)

When are you going to start working on your masters? :)

Welcome to my world. Nothing too exciting going on here....I am a teacher and enjoy telling my friends about the interesting things that happen in my daily life. I find the most pleasure in the simple things that occur daily. Like the brilliant sunsets as I drive home from work or the way Maggie whimpers and paws when she dreams in the kitchen or the way Cody starts my car when he leaves for work just because he knows I don't like to be cold.